- True Performance Meets True Style
- Omni-directional EXO™ antenna, with GPS/GLONASS satellite reception, has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- 1.2-inch sunlight-readable Garmin Chroma Display™ with high-strength domed sapphire lens
- Fitness training features like advanced running dynamics with vertical oscillation and vertical ratio, VO2 max, recovery advisor and more¹
- Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer and TracBack™ feature
- Connect IQ™ platform compatibility for customized apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields
- Battery life: up to 16 hours in GPS training mode; up to 2 weeks in watch mode
In The Box
- fēnix 3 Sapphire silver with leather band
- Black rubber watch band (removal tools included)
- USB charging/data cable
- AC adapter
- Quick start manual
fēnix 3 multisport training GPS watch is rugged, capable and smart. With feature sets for fitness training plus feature sets for outdoor navigation, fēnix 3 is ready for any training activity and competition. Access to the Connect IQ platform allows customization of watch faces and data fields and provides downloadable widgets and apps.
Serious Style That Stands Up to the Roughest Conditions
fēnix 3 Sapphire watches are available in 5 different styles: rose gold-tone with white band, silver with leather band, gray with leather strap, titanium and the classic metal. Each watch features a protective bezel and reinforced housing for extra durability. A sunlight-visible, high-resolution color Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlight lets you access your data in any light. fēnix 3 is water-rated to 100 meters and has a battery life of up to 50 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode, up to 20 hours in GPS mode and up to 3 weeks in smartwatch mode (all depending on settings)
Advanced Fitness Metrics
fēnix 3 watch is packed with training features to tell you about your form and fitness. The first is the VO2 max estimator. When used with a heart rate monitor¹, fēnix 3 crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Track changes to your VO2 max to see your fitness gains and to compare with your peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a race predictor, which estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
Advanced Running Dynamics and Physiological Metrics
Go further with your running data and tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics¹. When used with a heart rate monitor, fēnix 3 reports the following data:
- Vertical oscillation and ratio — the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the benefit ratio to stride length
- Ground contact and balance — shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry
- Cadence — number of steps per minute
- Stride length — determines a responsive current pace
- Physiological metrics measure your heart to provide:
- Stress score: fēnix 3 measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level. The scale of this is 1 to 100, low scores indicate lower stress levels.
- Performance condition: After running for 6-20 minutes, fēnix 3 compares your real-time condition to your average fitness levels.
- Lactate threshold: Through analysis of your pace and heart rate, fēnix 3 estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue.
Swim Profile, Ski/Board Mode, Rowing and Golf
fēnix 3 HR watch isn’t just for running; special feature sets help swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand up paddle boarding and rowing. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim™ device, fēnix 3 tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. You just tell fēnix 3 the size of the pool you’re swimming in and begin your workout. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect™. You can even use your fēnix 3 as a glove-friendly remote, via ANT+® wireless connectivity, for VIRB® action cameras.
Navigate Your Way
fēnix 3 watch provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass). TracBack feature navigates you back to your starting point the same way you came. Its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes.
It records a GPS track log, creating a “bread crumb trail” as you move. It also allows you to mark locations, such as a start/finish line, course checkpoint or a campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. With fēnix 3, you can create and follow courses as well.
fēnix 3 is equipped with both ANT+ connectivity and Bluetooth®³ smart capabilities to wirelessly share locations, routes and geocaches.
Altimeter, Barometer and Compass
fēnix 3 watch is equipped with ABC sensors to provide relevant, real-time information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not.
fēnix 3 auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto sets the time based on location. For an accurate temperature reading, pair it with our tempe™ external temperature sensor.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
Personalize fēnix 3 watch with free downloads from The Connect IQ store. You can customize your watch face, add data fields and get apps and widgets that provide information at a glance.
Smart notifications³ let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you're on the trail. fēnix 3 receives the wireless signal from a compatible smartphone³ and lets you know you have a message by displaying the text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it.
Other connected features include automatic upload to Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect Mobile™ applications.
Wear Your Personality on Your Sleeve
Download the free Garmin Face-It™ watch face app to customize your device with any photo from your smartphone. Just download the app, choose an image from your photo library, adjust the style for time and set it as your watch’s face. Whether it’s a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, with Garmin you can add personality to your watch that’s uniquely you. Available on App Store™ and Google Play™..
¹Heart rate monitors and HRM-Run, sold separately.
²When paired with HRM-Run monitor; included in some bundles, also sold separately.
³Phone must be Bluetooth Smart. See Garmin.com/BLE for compatibility.
Device wear and care