- Short normal-length prime is designed for use with APS-C-format Canon EF-S-mount DSLRs and provides a 38.4mm equivalent focal length.
- Modestly bright f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light, affords control over depth of field, and helps to keep the overall physical design compact and lightweight.
- Pancake form factor measures less than 1"-thick for an ultra-portable, versatile design.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by a rear focus system, advanced AF algorithms, and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
In The Box
In The Box
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- E-52 II Lens Cap for 52mm Lens
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Overview
Incredibly lightweight, the EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM is a fast and versatile lens with advanced AF and superior optics. With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 38mm, it's appropriate for a variety of purposes. The lens features optimized lens element placement and includes an aspheric element for high image quality from the center of the composition to the corners, and has specialized coatings on the lens elements to reduce ghosting and flare. To ensure excellent colour balance, a 7-blade circular aperture provides superb out-of-focus detail. The EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM excels during movie shooting thanks to its STM motor that enables silent and smooth focus tracking (on EOS cameras with Movie Servo AF), plus a micro-stepping drive that keeps aperture changes quiet. The lens also offers full-time manual focus, manual AF adjustment (one-shot AF), and can focus down to a minimum distance of 0.5 ft. (0.16m). Delivering optical brilliance in a lightweight and unobtrusive construction, the EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM is a great fixed-optical length lens for photographers looking to add a travel-friendly option to their collection.
EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM
- Wide-angle lens for Canon APS-C cameras (equivalent to 38mm on a full-frame camera) offers an ultra-slim and lightweight design.
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF-S series (approx. lens width is 0.9 in, or slightly wider than a nickel).
- A stepping motor (STM) supports the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function to provide smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
- Delivers outstanding image quality and excellent low-light performance.
- Aspheric lens element helps you achieve a high level of image quality from the center to the periphery.
- Optimized lens arrangement and coating helps minimize ghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Aperture mechanism uses micro-stepping drive control for quieter drive.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF Mode.
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.5 ft./0.16 m; maximum magnification of x0.27.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.