- Lens Shift Image Stabilization
- Choice of Normal or Powered IS Modes
- Traditional Porro Prism
- Broadband Super Spectra Coating System
- Compact and Light Binoculars with Image Stabilization.
- High Magnification Ratio: 8x.
- High Efficiency Shift-System Image Stabilizer System.
- Powered IS Mode.
- Field Flattener Lens.
- Super Spectra Coating.
- Minimum Focusing Distance of up to 6.6 ft. / 2m.
- Ergonomic Design and Comfortable Grip.
In the Box
- Canon 8x20 IS binoculars
- Eyepiece Cap
- Neck Strap
- Lithium Battery (CRA123A)
Whether you’re cheering on a sports team from the far end of the stadium or gazing up at a star-filled sky, Canon’s 8x20 IS binoculars get you closer to your favourite subjects. Weighing less than a pound — these portable binoculars fit easily into a small bag or backpack and are light enough to carry in one hand, allowing for convenient, all-day use. Designed to deliver the ultimate in comfort, you’ll enjoy improved controls and convenient finger rests for a natural, non-slip grip. Coupled with a high magnification ratio of 8x and enhanced IS technology for consistently sharp and steady images, the 8x20 IS binoculars are perfect for a variety of activities.
Compact and Light Binoculars with Image Stabilization.
Comfortable enough to hold for a long period of time, and small enough to fit in your bag or backpack, the 8x20 IS binoculars are light binoculars with image stabilization. Its compact construction is accompanied by excellent usability, including a rounded grip that can sit comfortably in your hand. Conveniently sized for everyday use, and perfect for your first pair of binoculars, the 8x20 IS binoculars means less missed opportunities from afar.
High Magnification Ratio: 8x.
Engineered with an excellent optical system, Canon's 8x20 IS binoculars can deliver impressive performance and a stunning, close-up view through a high magnification ratio of 8x. This makes it easy to see details and action that would likely be missed with the naked eye. From the intricate feathers of a bird on a branch – while at a birding event, or a baseball flying out of the ballpark, the 8x20 IS binoculars can help you get closer to the subject.
High Efficiency Shift-System Image Stabilizer System.
he 8x20 IS binoculars feature a powerful Lens Shift Image Stabilization system that’s remarkably effective in canceling out possible shaking made by movement and vibration. Borrowing technology from Canon’s EF lenses, Lens Shift Image Stabilization maintains a steady view by incorporating a continually adjusting vibration gyro mechanism, moving the IS lens both vertically and horizontally. This helps the 8x20 IS binoculars deliver clear and sharp images with minimal colour fringing for a view that’s consistently pleasing to look at.
Powered IS Mode.
Originating from Canon’s high-quality video and digital camera technology, the 8x20 IS binoculars’ Powered IS technology significantly improves upon conventional binocular IS technology. Activated with a single press of the IS button for up to 5 minutes of continuous operation, Powered IS makes it easy to maintain a high-magnification view, especially in situations where body movement or strong shake might occur. Toggle between Powered IS and Normal IS to pick the ideal mode for the scene, whether your subject is still or in motion.
Field Flattener Lens.
The 8x20 IS binoculars uses a field flattening lens element to provide edge-to-edge sharpness for vivid images. Countering the blurred effect typically rendered by the curvature of conventional lens elements, field flattener lenses help deliver a sharp, low-distortion image across the entire field of view.
Super Spectra Coating.
To reduce colour bias, lens flare and ghosting as well as render a sharp view with contrast, the 8x20 IS binoculars incorporate Super Spectra Coating on its lenses. This coating effectively suppresses reflected light across a wide range of wavelengths, resulting in high contrast, high definition and a clear viewing experience.
Minimum Focusing Distance of up to 6.6 ft. / 2m.
A notable reduction over previous models, the 8x20 IS binoculars feature a minimum focusing distance of 6.6 ft. (2m) ideal for viewing animals, flowers and other small objects from a short distance. Combined with the 8x magnification ratio, it’s easy to see even the smallest details with the 8x20 IS binoculars.
Main Unit Specs:
- Type: Prism Binoculars
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective Lens Effective Diameter: Approx. 0.79 in. / 20 mm
- Real Field of View: 6.6°
- Apparent Field of View: 49.5°
- Objective Lens Construction: 3 elements in 2 groups
- Eyepiece Lens Construction: 4 elements in 3 groups
- Exit Pupil Diameter: Approx 0.1 in. / 2.5 mm
- Eye Relief: Approx. 0.53 in. / 13.5 mm
- Prism Type: Porro I prism
- Eye Width Adjustment: Approx. 2.2 – 2.83 in. / 56 – 72 mm
- Focusing Method: Manual focusing by turning the focusing knob
- Coating: Super Spectra Coating
- Closest Focusing Distance: Approx. 6.6 ft. / 2.0m
- Image Stabilizer: Provided (Image Stabilizer button)
- IS Compensation Angle: +-0.9°
- Amount of Adjustment for Difference in L/R Visual Acuity: ±5.9 diopters
- Power Source: 1 lithium battery (CR123A)
- Dimensions (W x L x H): Approx. 4.6 x 5.6 x 2.7 in. / 118×142×69 mm
- Weight: Approx. 14.82 oz / 420 g (excluding batteries)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.